Find out if a career in teaching is for you
One of the best ways to find out if a career in teaching is right for you is to spend some time in a classroom and speak to experienced staff.
The school experience programme has been developed by the Department for Education to allow people interested in getting into teaching the chance to gain first hand experience. As part of this initiative, our school experience days offer the opportunity to observe lessons, meet current trainees and mentors, and discuss the various routes into teaching with our experts – in both primary and secondary settings.
School experience days involve:
- observations of lessons within the school setting
- a discussion with current trainee teachers
- oportunities to discuss routes into teaching
- information on how to apply, finances and what a training year looks like
- a chance to see if teaching is for you
You will also have the opportunity to sign up to a further two additional days to help you build up your experience within a school setting.