One of the best ways to find out if a career in teaching is right for you is to spend some time in a classroom and speak to experienced staff.
The School Experience Programme (SEP) has been developed by the Department for Education to allow people interested in getting into teaching the chance to gain first hand experience. As part of this initiative, our school experience days offer the opportunity to observe lessons, meet current trainees and mentors, and discuss the various routes into teaching with our experts – in both primary and secondary settings.
This academic year’s dates
During the first term of the academic year we are offering six virtual experience dates:
Monday 20 September 2021 – 9.30-10.30am
Wednesday 29 September 2021 – 4-5pm
Thursday 7 October 2021 – 2-3pm
Monday 8 November 2021 – 9.30-10.30am
Thursday 25 November 2021 – 4-5pm
Thursday 9 December 2021 – 2-3pm
Once you have attended the virtual experience day, we will be happy to organise school experience within one of our academies. If a school experience is organised, through our commitment to safeguarding, you will be asked for proof of ID and be escorted on the school site at all times. You can book the experience under your most local Diverse Association school or academy from the list below.
- Tuxford Academy – NG22 0JH
- Retford Oaks Academy – DN22 7NJ
- Queen Elizabeth’s Academy – NG19 7AP
- Walton Academy – NG31 7JR
- East Leake Academy – LE12 6QN
- Worksop Priory Primary – S80 2LJ
- St Oswalds Academy – DN9 3EQ
- Sam Barlow Primary – NG21 9DG
- Tuxford Primary Academy – NG22 0NA
- Wainwright Primary Academy – NG19 6TF
- Bracken Lane Primary Academy – DN22 7EU
- Thrumpton Primary Academy – DN22 7AQ
- Kneesall Primary School – NG22 0AB
- Yeoman Park Academy – NG19 8PS
Details of eligibility to train to teach can be found on the Get Into Teaching website.